Monday, March 4, 2013

A Snapshot of My Reading Life....Always Celebrating Reading, Especially During WRAD Week

During week 3 of LitWorld's World Read Aloud Day Blogging Challenge we took a "Snapshot" of our reading lives.

This picture above gives you all a little glimpse into a small part of my reading life.

My reading life consists of my favorite people to read with, my favorite places to read, and of course my favorite books to read.

I love reading with my own children and those that come to the library everyday.  I also love reading to my nieces and nephews.  It is always so much fun to share new books and old ones with all of them.

My favorite places to read in my house are upstairs in this big chaise in my bedroom and on the porch swing when it is nice outside.  I have also loved reading to my own children in their rooms at nighttime.

And last but not least.....My favorite books to read.

I love a lot of different types of books.  Realistic and historical fiction are my favorite....and beautifully illustrated picture books.  I really enjoy reading young adult novels, not only to keep up with what my secondary students will like to read, but because I very much enjoy them too.

World Read Aloud Day is right around the corner on March 6th.  We hope you will all join us in celebrating literacy.  Please register for World Read Aloud Day and bring your children, family, students, teachers, friends, parents, community, network, workplace, church, and world along.

We can't wait to hear how you are going to celebrate.  You can connect with LitWorlds on Twitter at #litworldsays and by using the hashtag #WRAD13 for World Read Aloud Day.

It's time for all of us to join the global literacy movement.  We can all make a difference.

And reading aloud to the ones we connect with everyday is one way to make this difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment