Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I Loved "Be Light Like A Bird" By Monika Schroder & Published By Capstone.....I Know You Will Love This Beautiful Story Too.

A few weeks ago my friends at Capstone sent me a very special package.

Inside was a beautiful new book, Be Light Like A Bird by Monika Schroder which comes out in September 2016.
A heartfelt coming-of-age middle grade novel about self-discovery and the power of family, pulled me in and kept me there as I read this book.  

A bittersweet, coming-of-age story of a child forced to overcome grief and adversity, Be Light Like A Bird deftly handles themes of loss, connection, self-discovery and environmental concerns-weaving them all together in a story like none you've ever read.  

As I followed 12-year old Wren throughout her journey, I found myself connecting with her and the pain, loss, joy, friendship and love she felt.  

I wrote this quote from her Dad on a piece of paper so I won't forget it....You are braver than you think you are. 

This is one that I will share with my own children too.  
As Barbara O'Connor shared, It will pull you in, break your heart and take you by surprise.  

This is what will appeal to readers as Monika focuses on topics that all of us experience at one point in our life.
I can't wait to read more from Monika especially My Brother's Shadow that was nominated for the 2014 New York State Reading Association's Charlotte Award.  

You can visit Monika's website here and...
on her Facebook page here.   You can also find her on Twitter at @monika_author.

I hope you all read this heartfelt book.  I know you will find it very special too.

No comments:

Post a Comment