Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Tech Bundles For Our Makerspaces and STEAM Curriculum from Eduporium

A few weeks ago I was part of the OCM BOSES PBLNY Event in Syracuse, New York.

They always host the best events and this one was extra special!
In the afternoon I spoke about Igniting Innovation and Creativity in Our Makerspaces With Digital Tools and Apps.  I loved how Rachel Brian took notes during my presentation.  This was so much fun to see!

I wrote about this amazing experience and day in my post Inspired By Visual Note taking & New Friends At The PBLNY Conference Today. 
Besides presenting for the day at PBLNY, I was super excited about what was happening out in the atrium at the conference.

It was filled with amazing materials, resources, gadgets and more that fit into our Makerspaces through all of the STEAM categories including Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics.

I couldn't wait to find out what this was all about so I looked for the people who created this amazing scene.
That is when I met the people from Eduporium. 

They were excited to tell me they put these bundles together for the conference.  I was very intrigued to find out more.
For PBLNY, Eduporium worked closely with the directors at OCM BOSES to create Custom Tech Bundles that incorporated five key STEAM areas of study into the curriculum.
They included circuitry, robotics, music, coding and general technology.
Each Custom Tech Bundle and Kits are collections of innovative materials, tools and activities that encourage project-based learning in the classroom.  They provide a progressive and systemically organized pathway to enhancing education for everyone with age-appropriate activities and concepts, starting small and working up to large. 
Eduporium also encourages educators to make their own bundles.

Perhaps there is a particular lesson plan or project that you have in mind....This is the perfect way to bring resources together to highlight a concept of group of STEAM concepts.
As I walked around to the tables that displayed the different Custom Tech Bundles, I was excited to see not only the materials....
but also projects, descriptions and materials you will need to integrate these successfully into the curriculum of your library or classroom.

I love this idea!

Eduporium will not only help us get these materials into our spaces, but will also support how we integrate them and find success through these new ideas and projects.

Even though I talked about the partnership they have with OCM BOSES, Eduporium will work with any school and educational organization to create personalized experiences and tech bundles too.
You can go to the Eduporium website to find out more and see all of the wonderful things they have brought together for us.
Also, find them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @eduporium

This is a great place to see what they have for all of us and gain lots of ideas on how these materials and ideas are being used in schools and libraries.



No comments:

Post a Comment