Friday, March 23, 2018

50 Years of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood Collection By Destiny!

February 19, 1968, was the first day Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.  Fred Rogers took off his jacket and dress shoes, put on his sneakers and sweater, and talked to the camera about the day.  It is one of my favorite childhood memories and one of my favorites with my own children too.  

With this being the 50th birthday of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood and Fred's birthday this week on March 20, there are so many special things being shared.  I have lots of favorites and have shared a few on Facebook and Twitter with all of you. 

I put together the Celebrating 50 Years of Mister Roger's Neighborhood Collection filled with project ideas, resources, posters, quotes and lots of episode clips and recordings so we can keep these wonderful things in one spot.  

One of my favorite things I found and one that you cannot miss....check out this remix put together by PBS Digital Studios. 

Have fun watching this and celebrating all of the memories and things Mr. Rogers' gave us.
And don't forget all of the books Fred wrote and the ones who were wrote about him!  You will find these in a very special Mister Rogers' Titlewave List brought together by our friends at Follett.

Please let me know if there are other things I should add to the Mister Rogers' Collection.
On June 8, the movie Won't You Be My Neighbor comes out in theaters. I can't wait to go. 

Have a wonderful day, friends.   I hope you enjoy this Collection and these resources too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment